The Account Manager position is focused on client management. The primary objective is to successfully manage client engagements and grow relationships with the assigned ISITE Design clients.
The ideal candidate will have broad interactive/digital experience and a genuine commitment to working closely with clients and internal teams to deliver superior client value and experience, and set business results.
This is an important and highly visible position within ISITE Design. We’re looking for a candidate that wants to be a significant contributor to the agency’s continued growth. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital project management, digital strategy, content management, experience design and/or web analytics. An Account Manager at ISITE Design is accountable for client satisfaction, revenue, profitability, sustainability and growth for each assigned account, as well as for work quality and internal account team health.
This position has annual revenue responsibilities of $1.0 million the first year of employment.
- Account Responsibilities
- Own the client engagement, from the beginning to the end, and manage the client relationship
- Create and execute account plans with owned accounts
- Work closely with internal groups to align plans, roadmaps and client needs with services and resources
- Drive new business within accounts; write proposals and make presentations and ensure all solutions, scopes, schedules and costs are reviewed and deemed feasible by internal stakeholders
- Partner with ISITE Design’s Practice Leads on improving clients’ key performance indicators and drive value
- Lead the internal team in defining priorities and navigating obstacles on projects
- Set (and reset) client expectations on scope, timeline and budget
- Direct (and redirect) client communications regarding project deliverables (feedback in quality, changes in scope, new requests, risks, etc.)
- Review work in development to ensure alignment with client expectations and ISITE Design’s quality standards – spark the creation of great work by inspiring teams
- Draft statements of work, change orders and billing terms and review invoices jointly with a member of the Client Relations management team.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks, including financial, and escalate issues to management that impact project budget
- Execute established ISITE Design marketing and sales plans
- Participate in proposal development and sales pitches, including active and prospective clients
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director of Account Management, Managing Director, or Director of Project Management
- Project Responsibilities
- Develop overall project management plan and work with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans for assigned accounts
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned; partner with project teams and actively be involved in the work
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior ISITE management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
Education & Experience
- 4 year college degree (BS/BA) (Masters Degree Preferred) in a related field such as marketing, business, entrepreneurship or communications
- 6 or more years of business, account/project management, Internet or related experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong background in digital strategy, global content management, marketing automation and technology, experience-design and web analytics
- Responsible for planning and executing strategic digital marketing and customer experience efforts
- Ability to communicate persuasively with client-side executives
- In depth knowledge of digital industry and the evolving role of agencies in it
- Focus on continuously improving business outcomes/results and capabilities of internal/client teams
- Strong links to the web/digital/interactive community as a thought leader
- Ability to find big opportunities within key accounts and drive new lines of business into mid-sized and large enterprises
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills with experience presenting to Fortune 500 decision makers
- Deep interactive expertise and a genuine commitment to working closely with new and existing clients and internal teams to deliver real value and results
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including but not limited to: sitting for long periods of time while working at a desk, performing repetitive motions typing on a computer keyboard and to see within normal parameters with or without the use of glasses
- Nice business office with an open vibrant work environment
- Hours may exceed 40 hours per week depending on project load and client deadlines
- Ability to work with tight time lines in an ever changing environment
- Requires 20% business travel both in and out of the local area
As a thriving privately owned business, ISITE Design has a culture centered on thought leadership, collaboration and ongoing professional development. This includes a flexible and open work environment that encourages employees to innovate on projects and always be searching for new ways to drive value for our clients. Employees are encouraged and rewarded for their active thought-leadership activities including speaking, writing, and blogging. The agency produces an award-winning e-mail publication, ISITE Insight, and hosts an annual experience design conferenced called Delight.
The ideal candidate for this position embodies these qualities and should strive to do great work while building honest and genuine relationships, tempering action with wisdom, pursuing growth and learning, working as a member of the team, spreading surprise and delight and making a difference. We value people who step up and “own it.”
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter via email to: 187386-CJBfirstname.lastname@example.org